Why are my pecans shriveled and rotting?

medjoolfoolSeptember 12, 2010

We live in South GA and have 3 good sized pecan trees in our yard. In the 4 years we have been here, we have seen many pecans fall off the trees, but they are not edible. They are shriveled and many look to be rotting. Does anyone have any ideas as to why our trees donÂt produce edible nuts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Mildew starts in spring some people say scab. Only control either one is with big fan sprayer. Air circulating around tree help if in earily morning. Tree health will help fertilizing with 10-10-10 4 pound per inch of diameter if got large tree as posted lets take 30 inch diameter tree times 4 = 120 lbs to that tree. Any tree having promblems as your need zinc sulfat. You can get zinc about any farm store in south Georgia. It will take 5 years bring trees out stavation one year want do anything to tree third year you will see turn around and start production 5th year max out. One thing should warn if these trees staved for long time all limbs be long and weak the fertlizing set heavier folage wind brake off. So good cutting limbs back to short length help tree come into production prunning always help pecan tree be stronger.

Bookmark   September 13, 2010 at 7:52AM
More Discussions
Cherry tree damage from storm
Top third of cherry tree snapped off by falling limb...
jimfnc7
Calling all Sweetcrisp owners!!!
Dear Sweetcrisp owners, Over here in Australia we are...
raadster
Loquat tree
My darn tree has stopped sending energy to the fruit....
tim45z10
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Grafting thin scionwood?
I just received an order of scionwood from Tim Strickler...
jbclem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™