Said I'd put a short review up for some of the varieties that i currently grow at my residence. All varieties have around 8 plants and are drip watered. I currently have Chester, Chickasaw, Prime-Ark, Prime-Jan, Triple Crown, and Boysenberry.
1. Prime-Ark: Prone to Anthracnose even under drier conditions
Triple crown has no issues and they are right next door.
Drip irrigation is more important for this variety.
2. Prime-Jan: This variety is more aggressive and has no problem
Establishing itself in lower light conditions
3. Chickasaw: Like this variety for the huge sized berries. Aggressive
And could easily form a hedge. Will be keeping this variety.
4. Triple Crown: 2nd year with these guys and taste and ease of care
Are very nice. Great variety. Large Berries. Keeper
5. Chester: Phenomenal growth from these plants in their 3rd year.
This variety is a little more on the sour side. Great for jam/jellies
And wine. Kids can wade right in.
6. Boysenberry: Best fresh tasting berry I have ever eaten out of the
Old garden. This is the second year and immediately after eating
My first set of berries I purchased 3 additional plants. Thorned
Variety is very hardy and performs well in my 6a zone.