Recently planted Peach tree not looking good

SuzukicrashOctober 24, 2013

2 weeks ago I planted the uploaded Tropic Beauty peach tree, and the leaves are curling/wilting, some turning yellow and falling off. The leaves were a little wilted already when I got it but they are getting worse

I want to make sure that I don't kill it. I put a little 10-10-10 time release fertilizer around the soil during planting. Anyone know what I should do, if anything? Thanks for any help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

If the original rootball is dry, drizzle water onto it for 15 minutes or so, then check moisture content again.

Repeat as needed

Next time, forget the fertilizer -- it doesn't help a stressed tree.

Bookmark   October 24, 2013 at 5:17PM
drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a

Yeah the fertilizer may kill it. Probably not but may be responsible for why it is still wilted. Try to keep it moist, not wet, not dry. Never plant trees with fertilizer. It should be OK, it doesn't look that bad, Time release is slow, so that's good!

This post was edited by Drew51 on Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 18:00

Bookmark   October 24, 2013 at 5:53PM
Kippy(SoCal zone 10. Sunset Zone 24)

If it the soil is good, remember that between transplant shock and the time of year it might not look so wonderful.

I just planted a few new fruit trees as well. I look more at the twigs at the end of the branches to make sure they look plump and happy not drying and dying. I am in SoCal and it is getting to the time of years the leaves start falling anyway.

Bookmark   October 24, 2013 at 10:20PM
calistoga_al

All the trees roots are still in the root ball they were in when in the container. Water must be applied directly on the root ball NOW and weekly until the tree goes dormant and loses its leaves. I would also apply a vegetative mulch at least to the drip line. Al

Bookmark   October 25, 2013 at 10:24AM
More Discussions
My Backyard planting experience (so far) - Zone 4a/b Quebec, Cana
Hello all, When starting out I have found this forum...
hungryfrozencanuck
avacado seed help ASAP
So I chose the damp paper napkin method to get my seed...
Trisha Stewart
Paw Paw in Monmouth County NJ
I'm interested in growing several fruit trees on my...
ritzandbigb1
Apple varieties evaluations 2005-2015
Hi some people here several months ago asked for a...
Scott F Smith
Propagating Muscadine vine
How long do I leave them in the frig? How do you propagate...
jolj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™