Peach tree bark peeling

OmniNovember 22, 2012

Hello everyone.

First time fruit tree grower. I'm having some problems (at least I think this isn't normal)

The peach tree that I plant back in June, I'm noticing that the bark is peeling off at some locations (especially the bottom where it is in contact with the ground). The parts that are peeling reveal a greenish tinge like how you'd do it in a scratch test to check if the tree is a live. And after some time, those parts are turning orange, like the bright orange color of mulch.

I just sprayed the whole tree down with bonny antifungal solution. I will post a picture of it soon as well, but can anyone advise as to what is going on?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

We need your picture, please.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 12:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Omni

Your peach tree normal this time year the sap that cause growth not being drown up in top tree so make wood diameter sizing up this brake out bark. Your tree have new bark in few weeks watch very close for borers any small bugs on tree be borers they attracted by new bark coming easy digging into tree. Any Y are limb joins borers like as well just above ground another east side tree warm up they move after warm. If go outside 10:30 to 11:00 am sun real warm in fall borer are moving.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 1:40AM
More Discussions
Help... pest eggs on orange fruits
Orange fruits got quite some eggs on them. I have searched...
funlul
Raising Blackberries For Fun and Profit-Prime Jim
I stumbled across this video on Prime Jim blackberries....
2010champsbcs
Blackberry Winter Survival 2015
I finished snowplowing yet again today here in South...
calfee20
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
huge raspberry bush!!!!
Help! My husband and I have a humongous 6 foot spread...
satami00
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™