Spray n Grow

little_minnie(zone 4a)March 31, 2014

I heard good things about Spray and Grow. I thought I would ask about it before I place an order. I am just planning on the Spray and Grow and Coco Wet and not the fertilizer since I have very high P and high K.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nc_crn

Why use it unless you know you need the micronutrient help? ...especially at it's expensive price point.

I find it to be an overpriced seemingly kelp-heavy (given what it promises to deliver that they bother to share) mixture. It also has a long history of deceptive and to-the-moon promises. They used to sell it with wild promises on QVC and their own company literature is extremely sketchy.

Unless you have more money to burn than time, and you actually need it...I guess it's fine, but the hype on it is extremely unwarranted and they present extreme findings on it's use as "normal."

You can bet that if it did even a 1/4 of the performance they claim in their literature that large/medium agriculture farmers would gladly pay the $100-$120 a gallon of the magic elixir they claim they produce.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 10:01PM
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

What does a good reliable soil test tell you about the nutrients in the soil?
What nutrients do you think you are missing and need to supplement?
Keep in mind that you can create more problems with excess nutrients. Spraying something more than likely is simply a waste of your time, energy, and money.

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 6:40AM
little_minnie(zone 4a)

I have only tested P, K, cal, mag and OM and ph. The micronutrients are not included in the U of M tests. So I know my cal and mag is high but cannot know about the micronutrients. I know I do not need the fertilizer but I was wondering just about the Spray n Grow due to my neighbor farmer's results.

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 9:08PM
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

If you type Spray n Grow in the search bar you can find many discussions and reviews about it.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Spray n Grow discussions and reviews

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 11:49AM
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

What is your neighbors soil like in comparison to yours?
Amount of organic matter?
Soil pH?
Levels of P, K, Ca., Mg. etc. ?
Does that neighbor follow the same growing practices you do with the exception of the Spray and Grow?
Does that neighbor use synthetic "fertilizers"?
Are the neighbors plants adversely affected by insect pests and plant diseases more than yours?

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 6:26AM
More Discussions
Walking Down Memory Lane
I just clicked on the 'Sustaining Our Environment'...
wayne_5 zone 6a Central Indiana
Papaya Trees
I'm getting ready to plant a few papaya trees in my...
janellelee
What, specifically, is the objection (of many) to Milorganite?
I know there used to be a problem or worry of a problem...
gonebananas_gw
Flowers and neonictinoids
I am in the Burbank California area. I have a small...
ltlredwagon
Rock salt and asparagus
Someone told me he contols weeds in his asparagus patch...
kept
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™