Just Repotted Phal - Now it's Moldy??
I bought a Phal a few months ago, and just recently repotted it. I noticed the other day that all around the top of the moss I had used it had gotten fuzzy. Like moldy fuzzy. Was my moss contaminated with fungus or bacteria somehow, before I even used it?
I feel that I water sparingly, and I didn't pack the moss down tightly.
I intend to repot it again to correct the mold issue. Is there something I can do to "sterilize" the moss before I use it? I tried to be clean when I repotted it in the first place, but maybe it wasn't good enough. Should I microwave the moss to kill everything, let it cool, then use it? I'm really not sure what I need to do.
Thank you for your help!