Den anceps

Sheila(8b SW Texas)March 3, 2011

Anyone know if this plant is going to resent being repotted? I acquired it last Fall. It's planted in spag, 4" pot; Well rooted, not yet potbound. The lazy grower in me wants to just leave it be until it's bursting at the seams like I do hybrid dens. Any thoughts? TIA

Sheila :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
orchidnick

I would leave it alone. Mine is growing the green stuff but not bursting the pot (basket) so I'm leaving it alone.

Nick

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 10:48PM
Sheila(8b SW Texas)

Thx Nick, that's what I was wanting to hear! This is such a pretty plant, hasn't bloomed for me yet. I've been growing it with the phals, maybe it needs more light.

Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 7:28AM
cjwatson(Z8 FL)

I agree with Nick, Sheila. My D. anceps was a gift from an orchid friend over three years ago. It has bloomed each March for me since, and is in bloom right now. The plant has a tendency to bloom from the front side OR from the back side, making it easy to miss the flowers.

I've had it in the same 2" clay pot w/ sphag and have no intention of repotting it in the near future since it seems so happy -- it's grown three times the size as when I got it. It gets more light than my Phals, but no direct sun.

Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 8:20AM
Sheila(8b SW Texas)

Thx CJ. I'm doing a semi-annual ES watering today and I'll move the plant to higher light. I've enjoyed the pretty plant these past months, but would love to see it bloom. Saw some on-line pics/reports that said nicely fragrant.

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
My Garden Orcs
Hi I wanted to share the heralding of Spring in the...
aztcqn
Interesting... my dog had a tumor 'explode'
Okay, I think this is interesting and since I'd never...
tuezday1
angraecum sesquipedale framboyant x bosorii lisa
Hi all, Two weeks ago i received an Angraecum sesquipedale...
yenika_zone10 Miami, Fl
Should I cut off this leaf?
This may have started from misting or too much light...
cooperdr_gw
In bloom 27 months and counting...
Dendrobium Hialeah twist. (Spiker x canaliculatum)...
shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™