Best price on orchid supplies?

jane__ny(9-10)May 2, 2012

I've always ordered from Kellys because I like their sphag and they have great bark. I need to order some supplies now and have tried to compare shipping charges from a few companies. Too complicated as they use different measurements for bark. They do not give the shipping charges until you check out.

Any suggestions?

Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cjwatson(Z8 FL)

Have you tried eBay for the brands you like? I buy my sphag and bark from various sellers there. I have been buying my charcoal from Oak Hill (and of course have to add a plant or two to the box when I order, lol).

I took a fast glance at eBay and they have the brand of bark I like, 2 cu.ft (about the size of a big bag of dog food, along with shipping for about $50 total. That lasts me for a couple years unless I go on a repotting frenzy. I believe the seller has different sizes; I like the small bark. Just an example.

Good luck.

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 9:23AM
orchidnick

Check out Calwest Tropical Plant Supplies in Riverside California. Best deals around here.

Nick

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 10:00AM
zozzl(z9 FL)

Tropical Plant Products in Orlando has great prices and sell in large or small quantities. They are online too.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 1:14PM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
I have over the years converted most of my epi orchids to crushed lava rock. You can get 2cf for around 6 bucks.
You can get several sizes at the "Bushel stop" nurseries here in Fl. I use the black around 1/2 inch in diameter . Another advantage is that it doesn't break down . Have several going on 10 years!! gary

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 6:42AM
More Discussions
Where to buy sphagnum moss?
Hi all, Where can I buy this for my orchid? I live...
ninjali
My Garden Orcs
Hi I wanted to share the heralding of Spring in the...
aztcqn
what other plants can you use kieke power pro on?
I brought this stuff and applied it to one of my orchids...
tlbean2004
Phal yellowing.... bottom two leaves, interior roots, base of crown
I received this phal as a Valentine's Day present,...
kmaxxy
Orchid IDs?
I got a few orchids within the months from places like...
fuzzballiscute
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™