Vanda ID please

dewaine_2008June 23, 2011

My wife's Vanda is blooming for the first time and I lost the tag. Hoping someone can ID the variety.

Thanks,

Dewaine

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arthurm(Sydney, NSW AUST)

You are asking the almost impossible, your only hope is that this is a widely grown mericlone that someone has and will recognise.

Just as an example of the number of registered hybrids involved a search of the Genera Vanda with a in the grex name gives 2549 names.

Lovely orchid.

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 12:03AM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
Would have to agree with arthurm It's obviously a hybrid and a gazillion types especially purple. You can do like me and make up your own names lol
Gorgeous epiphyte garden you got going there !!! Where are you located.?? I'm doing something similar using whateveer I have . Mainly to reduce the maintenence
but is a fun way to garden . gary

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 3:11AM
dewaine_2008

Understood. Thanks much for your replies. We're in W. Covina, So. California Gary. That big old Camphor tree seems to really enjoy being the host for a multitude of plants.

Thanks again for your help.

Dewaine

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 9:59AM
epiphyte78(9)

Dewaine, it's hard to tell from the photo, but are any of your orchids growing directly on the Camphor tree? It's a very common tree here in Southern California and I've often wondered whether it would be a suitable host for epiphytic orchids.

We grow many of the same plants. I live in Glendale...you and your wife should come over for a tour of my collection some time.

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 6:29PM
More Discussions
Orchid IDs?
I got a few orchids within the months from places like...
fuzzballiscute
Orchid forum link
Hi Bob, This is the link you sent me. I hope it works. Thank...
tanie51
Where to buy sphagnum moss?
Hi all, Where can I buy this for my orchid? I live...
ninjali
Phal skipped bloom this year
My Phalenopsis, which has bloomed regularly each year,...
robtj
what other plants can you use kieke power pro on?
I brought this stuff and applied it to one of my orchids...
tlbean2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™