Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer Avilable?

shirley-z-8-txJuly 7, 2011

I just completed my second application of Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer on some orchids where I found scale or mealies. I needed more (concentrate)for hopefully the last application and could not find any. I was told that it had to be pulled from the shelves because it is no longer being made. They did have a 3 in one for roses and flowers but it had fertilizer in it and said not to use it on pot plants. I have read that the fertilizer is too strong for orchids. Is this true and what can I use now?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
richardol(Santa Royale CA)

I won't tell you what I use on my pot plants, but I DO use the 3 in one on my orchids. Use it after a good watering. I use it half or less strength. It is too strong mostly in the sense that orchids are slow growing and much would be wasted.

I'm sorry to hear about the Advanced. I will have to run around and see if I can stock up. I got my last from Home Depot.

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 4:08PM
shirley-z-8-tx

Thanks. I tried Lowes. I then tried a local plant seller thinking they might have some that wouldn't have sold and the worker was the one who told me thay had to remove it from their shelves. I will try Home Depot. I just checked my orchids and found only a few mealies on the phals so I took alcohol and swabbed them. I

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 5:36PM
cjwatson(Z8 FL)

I use the Azalea, Camellia. I also use the Tree & Shrub. As long as there is no fert in them. I usually buy mine at Amazon.com If you are ordering several jugs, even with shipping it is cheaper than Lowe's/HD with sales tax.

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
Habenaria radiata tubers/corms? picture
On the gallery side, I said I would post a picture...
aachenelf z5 Mpls
Where to buy sphagnum moss?
Hi all, Where can I buy this for my orchid? I live...
ninjali
Eria convalarioides, new growths or spikes?
First time to grow an eria. This plant has over 15...
Sheila
First Orchid!
Just bought my first orchid - a den-phal! I had never...
jeffatlanta (7b, Atlanta, GA)
Phal yellowing.... bottom two leaves, interior roots, base of crown
I received this phal as a Valentine's Day present,...
kmaxxy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™