NOID Encyclia

leeflea(7a)August 9, 2012

This NOID Encyclia has bloomed for the first time since I bought it three years ago. It has not scent but has been blooming for a little over 2 months even through 100 degree temps.

I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place but I just can't figure out how to post pics. in the photo gallery.

This orchid has been outside for the most part since the weather warmed.

I'd so appreciate it if someone would give me tips on how to post pics into the Gallery.

Leeflea.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
orchidnick

The other thing you can do is to ge to the internet orchid photographic encyclopedia. http://www.orchidspecies.com/indexe-ep.htm . At this site he lists over 200 Encyclia, look them over, your plant is amongst them.

Nick

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 9:58AM
leeflea(7a)

Thank you Nick for taking the time to post what you did. Indeed, I'll go to the site you were kind enough to list. I never knew such a site existed.
Regards,
Leeflea.

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 3:10PM
orchidnick

No problem. Jay Phal's site is very useful, I live on it. Only problem is that he lists every Encyclia known to man and will drive you crazy. You can also look to see what the big vendors have to offer. Andy ( http://www.andysorchids.com/AlphaList.asp?Alpha=%27E%27&Page=1 ) for example lists only about 20 Encyclia. Unless yours is a hybrid, in which case you'll never ID it, it probably is one of the ones he or J&L, and a few others have for sale. I'd go there first.

Nick

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 3:39PM
More Discussions
Spotted-leaf Lady Slipper?
I just bought a couple out-of-bloom orchids at my local...
litchfieldgardener
Massachusetts - Amherst Orchid Society Show
HI Folks: Since I cannot figure out if there is a calendar...
garlicgrower
Why are my phal orchid bloom so late in the season?
I have 8-9 pots of phal orchid, they all have flower...
Sara_in_philly
Habenaria radiata tubers/corms? picture
On the gallery side, I said I would post a picture...
aachenelf z5 Mpls
stanhopea
I'd like to try growing the stanhopea orchid. do you...
greendale63
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™