Autumn damask - best place to order

susanswoods(Z6 VA)January 31, 2012

I can squeeze one more rose into the pink and white bed in my front yard. I'm leaning towards AD but have seen wildly different colors on various nursery sites. Pickering and Heirloom seem to have deep cherry colored ones. Other places have medium pink. I only grow things on their own roots and am on the east coast so give preference to nurseries east of the Mississippi.

Thanks,

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tessiess, SoCal Inland, 9b, 1272' elev

How about the Antique Rose Emporium? I highly recommend them. Plants are on their own roots, big (come in 2-gallon pots), and very healthy. ARE's Autumn Damask is pink.

Melissa
Tessie@sonic.net

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn Damask at ARE

Bookmark   January 31, 2012 at 7:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
malcolm_manners

Heirloom's and Pickering's version is indeed different from others. Assuming that the story is correct that 'Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseux'(Perpetual White Moss) is a sport of the "real" Autumn Damask, then it must be the paler pink one that everyone else sells that is the real thing, since it is the paler one that does produce that sport occasionally (nice photo of it on helpmefind.com, under 'Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseux'. Or use the link below for a photo I took of the sport at Mottisfont Abbey.) The deeper pink rose is a beautiful thing in its own right, but definitely different.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perpetual White Moss Sporting on Autumn Damask

Bookmark   January 31, 2012 at 9:54PM
More Discussions
What roses are you adding in 2015?
I have an order coming from Greenmantle Nursery soon...
Tessiess, SoCal Inland, 9b, 1272' elev
I'm addicted to white roses , what is your addiction?
And I can't seem to stop wanting those I find ! I love...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Help with ID of old white rose?
This rose belongs to a friend, and I'm hoping for a...
vmr423
giving up
most of my clippings and practically all of my past...
Campanula UK Z8
Please help me identify this rose?
This rose blooms only once a year in the spring. My...
linjon zone 5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™