fruit tree in containers

federal_hillDecember 5, 2012

Hi fruitnut�was wondering if you could help me�.I have 40 fruit trees in 15 gal containers�I want to cut the bottom of the containers and put them in the � of the way in the ground. One reason is gophers�.the questions I have is the roots of the tree when I move them to the location I want to put them in the ground�.when I tilt the container I will cut the roots�.how will this affect the tree�when should I do this�should I use BI and soak them�I live about 1 mile from the coast in southern calif..near San Diego�.any help is greatly appreciated�

Thanks

andrew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
federal_hill

dont know what happened to the aboce message so I am reposting it....
Hi fruit nut was wondering if you could help me I have 40 fruit trees in 15 gal container I want to cut the bottom of the containers and put them three quarter of the way in the ground. One reason is gophers the questions I have is the roots of the tree when I move them to the location I want to put them in the ground when I tilt the container I will cut the roots how will this affect the tree when should I do this should I use BI and soak them I live about one mile from the coast in southern calif near San Diego any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

andrew

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 4:26PM
More Discussions
Source for Hidden Rose Apple?
Looking for a tree or scions but seem to be coming...
jsvand5
This is a Blackberry lovers dream
This is a Blackberry lovers dream. Ripe seven days...
2010champsbcs
Early varieties of blackberry
Hi all, Are there any varieties of blackberry that...
CaraRose
Has anyone elses asian pear (20th century) come out of dormancy?
Everything else is going gangbusters but there isn't...
fireballsocal
Apple varieties evaluations 2005-2015
Hi some people here several months ago asked for a...
Scott F Smith
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™