Dwarf Keepsake Apple Tree

tedgrowsit(6b PA)December 1, 2012

My wife and I just bought a 4 acre farmette near Reading PA. We are working at obtaining trees and fruits to plant on it. I would really like to plant some Keepsake apple trees, preferably on dwarf rootstock, M26 or smaller, but I cannot seem to find anyone selling them. This must be a very popular apple. Can anyone help me out? Thank you. Ted in Reading, PA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dmtaylor(5a (WI))

This is easy... Cummins has them on G.16 dwarfing, and I bet Maple Valley has them on B.9 or M.26 if you just give him a call. Good luck!

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 7:10AM
tedgrowsit(6b PA)

I guess that is part of my problem. I actually ordered these trees from Cummins and they did not have them. I will have to be more persistent with Maple Valley. I sent them an e-mail several weeks ago and they did not get back to me. Thanks, Ted

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 12:51PM
dmtaylor(5a (WI))

I don't think email is the best way to get ahold of Tony. Just call him, he'll hook you up with what you want.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 11:02PM
bob_z6(6b/7a SW CT)

You may also want to try Cummins again- when I looked the other day I didn't see Keepsake. But now, they have G16 listed as in stock (3 in inventory).

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 11:52PM
bob_z6(6b/7a SW CT)

Maple Valley also has them on B9 in case you are still looking. They just put up their tree-list earlier this month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maple Valley

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 4:01PM
tedgrowsit(6b PA)

Thanks for your responses. I have a local orchard friend who grows these apples for market, and he saved a bunch of scion for me to graft. Grafting is great fun, but you lose a year or two in fruit production. Maybe I'll check with Maple Valley. Thanks. Ted

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
Bareroot pruning of a multi-branched nectarine?
Just picked up a bareroot Snow Queen and it has several...
brownmola
Broken citrus tree
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
best tasting pomegranate
I recall an article in CRFG about a year ago about...
markintexas123
can anyone know what kind of this tree is?
Recently I found a tree at my backyard got a lot of...
Athena Lu
Blackberries in the age of SWD
It seems that spotted wing Drosophila is making blackberry...
marc5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™