Pea Gravel UNDER landscape material
I'm reworking a path, and have some extra pea gravel lying around, so rather than buy some sand, here's what I'm proposing:
1. dig out path
2. spread a thin layer of pea gravel directly over the soil.
3. put down landscaping material (fabric weed barrier)
4. put down square stepping stones, 2.5" between them
5. fill in cracks with smooth black polished river rock
6. smoosh in the dirt around the path...want a semi-square, but somewhat organic edge so I don't want to use edging.
I'm trying to keep this as economic as possible. I'd prefer to recycle this pea gravel in SOME way. Any comments?