Paver Stone Basketball Court

Zaccon(Zone 4)August 5, 2005

I have several questions - does anyone have any suggestions on what I can plant around the perimiter of our new paver basketball court? It is in a sunny location most of the day. I'd like something that can withstand possible foot traffic and basketballs. The plantings will be on a gradual slope, 4 feet wide, around 2/3 of the court, which extends into the yard.

Should I put mulch, groundcover, shrubs? If I do mulch, will it blow all onto the court and yard or can I "hold" it into place on a gradual hillside?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Aunt_Net(z6 N of OKC)

Zaccon

This might be a question that would be easier to answer on one of the plant gardening forums or for someone closer to your zone.Things to consider, how high do you want this planted area, does it need to be evergreen, what soil type do you have, how much maintenance time are you willing to devote.

If you want to keep people on the court and off the plants my choice would be a nice prickly holly hedge, your only problem will be replaceing all the deflated basketball.LOL
Just joking. We had hollies at our first house, I loved them, DH hated them, he mowed around them, I used them for Christmas decorating.

Good Luck, there are many good choices available you just need to ask someone with experience in your area.(Or start looking over the neightbors fences until you find something you like)

Bookmark   September 9, 2005 at 7:27PM
More Discussions
Landscape Fabric for erosion control
Hello all~ Quick question about using landscape fabric...
acdacd
Dry creek bed
I recently finished building a dry creek bed in my...
dawgie
Making a bird bath from large rocks
Has anyone ever 'carved' out a bird bath from a large...
hardin
Laying Patio Pavers with sand base only?
I am planning to do three different patios. One is...
ajbaab
Decomposed Granite: Is this really as fine as you'd expect?
Hi, The only decomposed granite path I have seen is...
sleepy81
Sponsored Products
Cocktail Napkins - FLOWER MARKET
$6.75 | Horchow
Globe Electric Flood Lights 300-Watt 2-Light Outdoor White Halogen Security
$26.99 | Home Depot
Courtly Check Clock - BLACK/WHITE
$70.00 | Horchow
Area Rug: Antique Fleur-De-Lis Mocha 2' 6" x 4' 2"
Home Depot
Aston Court 6" Recessed Trim Light
$36.00 | FRONTGATE