Where to get brick - cheap!

SandL(6a KS)October 7, 2004

I have in mind a small section of my garden that I would like to place a brick pathway. Where is a good place to find uneven red brick for next to nothing? I'm looking at maybe 400 bricks.

Heather

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chinacat_sunflower(7)

you could come visit me- there's an abandoned sidewalk they dug up not to long ago, and there's a ton of them sitting around.

I'd definately check your local freecycle.com link, and your neighbors (or your parents' neighbors, if you're in a new (less than 30 years old) comomunity...god knows I adopted about 100 bricks along with the house when I moved in, though I traded most of them to the girl next door for cinderblocks ;)

I'm kind of at a loss because they're pretty common around here- but the area's also been settled for 300+ years, so there's a LOT of construction debris to be had.

Bookmark   October 8, 2004 at 8:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthlydelights(6 pushing 7)

heather

if you live in or nearby an area that is in rehabilitation, go collect as many as a demolition crew will allow you from old homes that are being torn down. this is how i was able to build my patio. you just have to haul them off yourself.

Bookmark   October 20, 2004 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
A natural shale/stone facade
(If this is not the most appropriate forum for this...
actionclaw
Will small stones keep weeds out????
Not sure this is the right forum to ask this, but here...
nanaclaire
can't garden anymore, need suggestions
I have approx 6 x 8 ft area of Jerusalem artichokes...
carol0512
Shaling Flagstone?
I think that's the term. All you Gurus of Stone, what...
CEFreeman
dry stacked retaining wall
I have been researching on how to build a dry stacked...
tortugo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™