Harbor Freight Propane Heater

brandond(6)January 12, 2009

hey guys IM about to build my greenhouse. Its going to be 10x10. A friend advised me against the portable mr heater types since it doesnt have a thermostat, and they use lots of propane. I did however see a 15,000 watt btu propane heater from Harbor Freight. Have any of your guys used this model, or have some feedback. I didnt wanted electric since its slow to heat up, and I live in the country, so I lose power a few times a year. If anyone would reccomend this model please give feedback,thanks a bunch,brandon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9(Zone 8a - PNW)

I buy quite a few things at Harbor Freight...but not things I need to rely on working fairly continuously or for a long time. You might be happier and even save money over the long term by buying from a place with a little higher quality. One place to start is Northern Tool.

Bookmark   January 14, 2009 at 4:17AM
oldbusy1

well , i dont know about a 15,000 wat btu propane heater. i think you need to leave the watt out.

I use a procom blueflame heater with thermostat in mine.And on cold, clowdy, windy days it runs constantly and will use a lot of propane.

also the infared heaters heat the objects before the air, that is whay the blueflame is recommended for greenhouses.

hope that helps

Bookmark   January 15, 2009 at 3:52AM
okiebum

Hi Brandon, both northern tool and harbor freight sell procom heaters, so you deal with procom direct for the warranty. It's 3 year factory warranty and there customer service is the best. I have a small greenhouse13 x 13 I use a barrel burner. Since the ice storm last year ,plenty of wood. But in my 1300 sq ft cabin I use 2 28,000btu blue flame propane heaters. Keeping it around 70 degrees in here at a cost of 20 to 25 gals a week. last cost per gal 1.55 Harbor freight's shipping is a lot less ,plus the floor stand and blower is a lot keeper.

Bookmark   January 15, 2009 at 7:35AM
More Discussions
Photo--Jim's chic shack
Not quite finished yet, but thought that I’d share...
James_Shaw_San Francisco Bay Area
temp in your greenhouse, and temp/weather outside, right now?
I'm curious as to what kind of passive solar gain you...
hairmetal4ever
I Need Advice for 1st greenhouse - zone 6
Hi everyone, I bought a small greenhouse from Ocean...
mcolangelo1221
Suggestions for shade cloth for HF 10x12 GH
What do you recommend for use with GH having veg and/flowers?...
4greenhouse
My Riga Greenhouse (lots of pics)
I have been wanting to post pictures of my greenhouse...
karin_mt
Sponsored Products
Bel Air Sag Harbor Outdoor Hanging Light - 23H in. - 4923 ABZ
$264.10 | Hayneedle
Steam Spa Advanced Royal Accessory Bundle for Steam Spa Steam Generator in Brush
Beyond Stores
Harbour Stripe Runner 2'3" x 8' - BLUE STRIPES
$215.00 | Horchow
Harbour Point 3-lt Bath
LBC Lighting
Carlton Harbor Gray Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Minka Lavery Harbour Point Transitional Wall Sconce
1800Lighting
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Braided Area Rug: Colonial Mills Rugs Boston Common
Home Depot
Traditional Heated Towel Warmer Radiator Heater 36.6 x 19.3 & Valves