Tip for removing oil off of cement driveway

tryit(South TX)January 2, 2006

I just moved into a used home. Apparently the previous owners had some leaky autos. The drive way had oil stains and I don't know how long it's been there. I read through this forum and saw some very good tips. Before I jump in with both feet, I wonder if anyone had experience removing/reducing those ugly oil stains which maybe over a year old.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

If their is still surface oil, if you get a greasy spot on your finger when you swipe the surface, start with some kitty litter and sweep up the excess on the surface.

Then go to WalMart and get a gallon of Castrol Super Clean. Costs about six bucks now. Douche it with undiluted superclean and hose it off. If the oil has soaked into the concrete the old "rinse and repeat" is in order.

1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 1:08PM
cottagegardenofmine

Oooh this question was asked last year, I had the same problem. Thought you might like to look at the old thread, tons of great products. I tried gasoline (don't recommend), kitty litter, green clean and the walmart driveway cleaner--gas worked the best for me (NOTE: still don't recommend). Meant to try the dry cement and oven cleaner but ran out of time and the sun seemed to do a good job of bleaching it over the summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: last year's thread on oil

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 8:39PM
grittymitts(7/8)

Greased Lightening worked very well for me. $2. a quart at Dollar General.

Suzi

Bookmark   March 20, 2006 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
retaining wall planter...need help
I have a slope about 11ft deep by 5ft high. I'm planning...
jeffboyardeee
mango seed
I decided to plant a mango seed. After I cracked the...
nour_lb
New to raised beds please help.
I just moved to a new location where the ground is...
sfargo73
What are Hashtags used for in Twitter
witter is one of the social networking sites which...
hemanth.cloud
What is your favorite wall-mounted hose holder?
My front yard hose goes on the wall right next to the...
zagyzebra
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™