Soaker hose won't drip

gardeningannie(06)April 28, 2014

Last year I installed two connected soaker hoses and pinned below mulch. They worked quite well until DH accidently ran a spade through one of them.

Waited until this week to replace the cut hose and connect it to the old one, but there's a problem I don't understand.

The old hose is hooked directly to the spicket and the new hose is hooked to the old hose. When turned on, water easily flows through the old hose and readily drips from the new hose. But no matter how long it's on, not a single drip comes from the old hose.

I took a wet paper towel and rubbed it over a small area of the old hose to attempt to remove any barrier or dust or dirt, but it made no difference.

I'm guessing that every single hole in the old hose is clogged (?) and that I need to do something different to open them up. Has anyone experienced this and if so, what did you do? Thanks !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

It sure sounds like mineral deposits or build-up, & the only products that I can think of for removing minerals are harsh & expensive & it seems like it would be difficult to use them on a soaker hose;
I think I'd just replace the hose.

maybe re-cycle the old one for something else.

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 8:16PM
More Discussions
How to see my posts
I have done a lot of searching on this site, but I...
jay174
Natural way to get rid of ANTS???
Hello - I haven't seen Ants around in years but some...
CapeHeart
What are Hashtags used for in Twitter
witter is one of the social networking sites which...
hemanth.cloud
Clay soil problems
Hello, I'm new here, nice to meet you all! I was wondering...
destany
Alpine Strawberries
This will be my first year planting strawberries from...
vinylapple
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™