Cement Repair

mell_or(zone8/OR)April 5, 2006

I need to repair a couple cement items.

#1 is a an oriental cement statue which was dropped and the legs broke. The breaks are clean in three spots. What would you use to repair the breaks? Glue or cement??

#2 is an old cement bird bath that is cracked and leaking. What would you use to reline the bath? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantcompost

I've repaired a number of statues, broken fountains, etc. there is a product called 'Gorilla Glue'. It's available at Home Depot, etc. ($5) Buy the smallest size (a bit goes a long ways) and don't use too much as it expands. It can go on wet surfaces and is incredibly strong.

Re your bird bath. If there are sizeable cracks, use a mortar mix ($6 bag) and apply a thin 1/4" light coat. 'If' the color isn't quite right then add a bit of color...the building stores have additives). There's also cement like products available for repairing basement leaks. These work fine. The ones you need to add water to are usually better than the ones that come ready for use.

It's surprising how many fountains and pumps have been left unused in backyards for years. I buy them up for a few dollars and most fix up in a jiffy.

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 11:10PM
More Discussions
Ideas for tall screening plants in shade
I was hoping to find some suggestions for a good screening...
Barrato
Rainwater and Rusty Nails
I had an idea the other day and I shared it with my...
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake, F
Need help with my jalapeño plants
I have jalapeño plants growing in large containers....
geotrin69
mango seed
I decided to plant a mango seed. After I cracked the...
nour_lb
Sponsored Products
Henri Studio Bronze Patina Sphere Patio Fountain
Lamps Plus
Gama Sonic Posts Pagoda 2-Head Outdoor Black Solar Lamp Post GS-104D
Home Depot
Concrete Anchor Set For Sitra SL, Vap Slim 30/60/90 by SLV
$64.00 | Lumens
Kerman Outdoor 30 inch x 30 inch Black Copper Fire Pit
Overstock.com
Venice Sculptural Bowls
$45.00 | FRONTGATE