Just got my 6x8 snap and grow greenhouse from vesey

richardg40February 15, 2010

Just got it unloaded from fed -ex truck . Since i live in Winterland ( New brunswick Canada ) i will be awhile before i can enjoy but i figure i can start plants early march inside the house and bring them in the greenhouse in april . Did anyone else here buy a snap and grow and if so could you post your comments.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spogarden

Hi, did you get your greenhouse set up? I am in the process of setting up mine but it is from Harbor Freight. It has been a challenge, not done yet. Thankfully I turned down most of the offered help, figuring out the instructions was hard enough by myself. But most of the frame is up and hopefully the foundation will go in today.

Bookmark   February 27, 2010 at 12:18PM
hemnancy(z8 PNW)

I just got one but haven't set it up yet. I haven't grown in this type of GH before, I have lots of tomato and herb/ native flower seedlings that are outgrowing my indoor shelves, when can I safely put them in such a GH? The 30 year lows where I live are above 30*F by April 1, and I could put some water inside in storage crates, and put it on black plastic, even put an oil-filled heater inside for night. I'm having trouble siting mine because the convenient place on a patio probably gets too much shade from trees during the day, even though it is on the south side of the house. If it were on a deck, would the air underneath make it cool off too much at night?

Bookmark   March 19, 2010 at 2:42AM
richardg40

Thanks for the reply's . My greenhouse is not set up yet as winter as decided to hang in there longer. I was also planning to install my greenhouse on the patio facing south and in the corner of the house . It would be protected from high winds and in the spring / summer gets sun ti'll about 3pm so a total of about 8 hours . Hope this is enought sun ,

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
Glass 'Greenhouse' in South?
Someday, I want to have a glass greenhouse/potting...
alikat33
Seed starting?
I'm curious....how many have started seeds, and of...
irenebott
Green house lighting in winter
I am considering doing gardening year around in a green...
morb1lee
Solar Pool Covers Work Well!
Thanks to cactusfreak's advice, I put a solar pool...
consultant
Outdoor Kitchen and Greenhouse together
My idea was a brick oven built over a wood stove and...
T S
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™