Anyone have a PBM Gardens Greenhouse?

caflowerluverFebruary 16, 2008

My new neighbors were cleaning out stuff left by the old neighbors and gave me this green house. It is in pieces so need a picture or, better yet, instructions on how to put it all together. The frame is all there but not sure if I have all the glass and strips that slide into the tracks. Don't know if the glass slides or lifts up?

I tried doing a seach and came up with a dead link and no other information on it.

Anyone have one and can tell me how to put it together? If not, I just might put shade cloth over it and use it as a shade house.

Thanks.

Clare

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mudhouse_gw

Clare...why doesn't anyone ever give ME a greenhouse?

Here's a page with two reviews of the Gardener's Greenhouse on another forum. Looks like these greenhouses were discontinued as of Nov 2007. You could send a d-mail to each of these forum members and ask them about a xerox copy of their manual (if their GH is the same as yours.) If you're not a member of the forum in the link, send me an email through GW and I'll be happy to d-mail them for you.
Gardeners Greenhouse reviews

Did you find this website page? It has an email link (I'm hoping it still works.)
PBM Group
Sheri

Bookmark   February 16, 2008 at 3:19PM
caflowerluver

Sheri - Thanks for the information and links. I will check it out. DH said, why the heck did you take this piece of junk. A free greenhouse is a free greenhouse. He just doesn't understand.
Clare

Bookmark   February 16, 2008 at 4:36PM
mudhouse_gw

I would have jumped on it too...I also think your idea of using the frame for a shade house is a good one.

Seems like you should be able to turn up info/manuals, since it hasn't been out of production very long. Maybe someone reading this forum will pop up with help. I hope so!

Bookmark   February 16, 2008 at 4:58PM
caflowerluver

Sheri - Thanks for the link. I emailed them and they got back to me today and are going to send me a copy of the instructions. Which I thought was very nice of them since it has not been produced for 5 years. They could have just ignored me.
Clare

Bookmark   February 18, 2008 at 12:27PM
mudhouse_gw

That's great! I hope you'll post pictures when you get it up and going. Good score!

Bookmark   February 18, 2008 at 12:33PM
Access-Garden-P

Hi, I work for Access Garden Products in England and we manufacture the greenhouses that PBM used to sell in the USA. We have almost all of the parts available for that particular model available as spares, which we can FedEx over to the US.
The glass itself is 24' x 24' tempered glass. In the UK we call it 3mm thick, but originally before we went metric it was called 24oz, as that was the weight per square ft. You should be able to get the tempered glass in the US quite easily. An entire greenhouse, with glass sells for approx ã300 + shipping, although we can ship without glass if you want to find a local source. We can also email instructions to existing users.

Here is a link that might be useful: Access Garden Products website

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 4:50AM
More Discussions
HELP!! First year with greenhouse
Hello friends. My hubby bought me a small 6x8 greenhouse...
kbrielle18
Photo--Jim's chic shack
Not quite finished yet, but thought that I’d share...
James_Shaw_San Francisco Bay Area
How do I convert a 2nd floor bedroom to a winter greenhouse?
Not much room to bump it out (there is a mountain in...
ree_k
Help me plan my Colorado sunshed
This spring I'm converting an existing shed into a...
Golden David
Convertible/Multipurpose Green House. Is this a good or bad idea?
I want to have a multipurpose enclosure around my backyard...
peowmeow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™