Origami newspaper pots

lilacs_of_mayJune 30, 2007

I found a set of instructions on the net for making an origami pot without glue, staples, or tape. The only trouble is, it doesn't work! The instructions are almost impossible to understand, and none of my attempts looked anything like the pictures.

The irony of this is that I do origami. I have a couple dozen paper cranes looking at me right now. But this set of instructions made no sense at all.

Does anyone know how to make an origami pot? I'm trying to get away from peat pots and find something that truly is biodegradable when you plant it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
regine_gw

Try looking under Newspaper Pots. There are several websites with instructions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Newspaper Pots

Bookmark   July 2, 2007 at 10:30PM
rosiew(8 GA)

I too was super confused about the origami instructions. Made the newspaper pots and had great success. Did use a 1" strip of adhesive tape to secure the bottom.

Good luck.
Rosie

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 7:43AM
crafting4goddess(5)

I know this thread is pretty old, but I found these origami newspaper pots that are easy to do. The only downfall is two of the sides of the pot will become flimsy when wet because they are single layers, but put a bunch of these pots into a flat & they will support each other long enough for transplanting. I used half-of-a-half page of newspaper to make the size of pots I like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Origami Pots

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 11:38AM
socks

I just cut strips of newspaper 3-4" wide and maybe 12" long. (Cannot remember exact measurements because the strips are at work and I'm at home.) Then I take a fish food container, the kind that tropical fish flakes come in. Wrap the newspaper strip around the can with newspaper sticking out a bit on the bottom.

Fold in the edges of the newspaper on the bottom of the container and tape. Tape it once on the side. Slide off. I use about 3 layers of newspaper.

I'm sure you could use any kind of can or jar to wrap around adjusting the size of your newspaper accordingly. It's actually easy and I would not consider it origami.

Bookmark   December 25, 2008 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
Clay soil problems
Hello, I'm new here, nice to meet you all! I was wondering...
destany
black little ants indoor - how to get rid of them?
Hi all, We spend 30' each morning getting rid of ants...
ptien
First Aid for young "fallen" coleus
I am a beginner gardener. Several weeks ago I started...
Ralph Thayer
Need help for my ZZ plant
My ZZ(Zamioculcas zamiifolia) plant has been re-potted...
eleonordecruz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™