Injured Garter Snake

blueavengerJuly 7, 2008

Hello,

My name is Eric. Earlier today I was fishing at a pond close to my home and found a Garter snake next to my feet. It didn't run away when I approached so I bent down to get a closer look, It seemed that some bird of pray had a hold of it then dropped it or flew off as I was stumbling through the brush close to where I found the snake. The snake wasn't as active at first but after it recovered from the shock and I had placed it in an extra fish tank I own with sea shells on the flooring and plants around it. from the wound down it seems to have trouble moving at all but everything from there to it's head is very active. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help it's healing possess and if there's a wound in the middle of it's abdomen will it be able to digest food properly?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

Yikes!

I don't know, but I'll bet you'll get expert advice if you post on the Nature Forum (at the top of this page, place your curser over "Forums" on the dark green line & the drop-down menu will appear. Click on Nature Forums.)

So many times when wildlife is injured, they just seem to go into shock & we can't help them, but I hope you have good luck with this snake.

Bookmark   July 7, 2008 at 7:34PM
dickiefickle(5B Dousman,Wi.)

Who cares its a serpent set it free ,let nature decide

Bookmark   August 5, 2009 at 11:31PM
nana9

ouch dickie.i don't care for snakes, but i hate to see any animal hurt.good luck blue.

Bookmark   August 6, 2009 at 1:19PM
trh701(z4sd)

Check with your local humane society or Game, Fish and Parks Dept. They might have some advice. You could always call your local vet and ask them some questions.

Bookmark   August 7, 2009 at 9:20AM
More Discussions
pure bleach on lawn...
I live in Southern California by the coast. Lawn is...
shybright
What is your favorite wall-mounted hose holder?
My front yard hose goes on the wall right next to the...
zagyzebra
black little ants indoor - how to get rid of them?
Hi all, We spend 30' each morning getting rid of ants...
ptien
How to see my posts
I have done a lot of searching on this site, but I...
jay174
adding curb appeal to our home
Hi, We are trying to figure out ways to add curb appeal...
aligal266
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™