Avacado

BarbaraNY316November 3, 2005

I have, after many years of trying, got my Avacado pit to grow. It is in a flower pot in my bathroom as I have skylight and large frosted glass window and it is safe from my kitties. I have transplanted it on 2 different occassions and it is now over 3 feet tall and doing great. Even the original first leaves are still attached and quite large and it is beautiful.

Is there any chance of it being planted outside in the spring? Or maybe even better be allowed to continue to be potted but by putting outside, increase the pot size according to its growth. I live in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.) I have even name it Pete but is there a female/male issue and would it ever produce fruit or just be a beautiful tree????? I have never gotten this far and now need help to keep it healthy and growing well...Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DebbieSue(7a Okc)

Good for you Barbara!! I've got my first Avacado plant on my dining room table. Just recently moved it inside. I hope it survives till I can put it back out next spring.
Mine is only a foot & a half tall.
No name, but I love it!
Debbie in Ok

Bookmark   November 8, 2005 at 7:17PM
baci(z10Ca)

Avacados have tap roots, & are best left in pots if you do not have the climate to grow them. Or, you can bury your pot in the ground. They need good drainage.

Bookmark   January 13, 2006 at 5:28AM
ankraras(8/9AZ)

3-5 feet is a very desirable height for growing Avocado in containers and can be easily maintained in a 5 gallon container by occasional soil
replacement for sustaining lush vigorous growth.

Ankrara's Hobby Corner

Bookmark   January 13, 2006 at 5:25PM
More Discussions
What are Hashtags used for in Twitter
witter is one of the social networking sites which...
hemanth.cloud
What is your favorite wall-mounted hose holder?
My front yard hose goes on the wall right next to the...
zagyzebra
barrier for plants with invasive roots
What have you used in the ground to prevent invasive...
taterbug
Make your own Seed Tape
Something to do on a cold Feb. day make your own seed...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Need help with Alocasia Giant Borneo
Hello I am new to the forums so I hope someone can...
JoseVe
Sponsored Products
Baby Bee Spa Gift Basket - BABEE
$78.99 | Hayneedle
Avacado - 16" x 20"
Grandin Road
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™