Have anyone glued greenhouse poly sheets?

mees135May 11, 2010

Good evening! Has anyone been successful with joining two sheets of greenhouse woven poly? Lots of places say the heat seam pieces together, but i've googled it and can't find out how to do this... the closest i've gotten was a 1960's popular science article where someone ironed the two sheets together. I'm going to try a sample piece and see if that works (with parchment paper above and below), but wanted to know if anyone out there had experience with this! Or, would poly tape hold up year after year and through winters?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sfallen2002(z5 IA)

You could ask Bob from Northern greenhouse sales, he might be able to clue you in - and he sells a great woven poly product.

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 12:19AM
mees135

Thanks - I just e-mailed him. Was actually looking at their site, since another gardener suggested their poly product and said it was terrific... thanks! if i find out, i'll post here for other folks

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 12:32PM
tdscpa(z5 NWKS)

I do not think anything can glue polycarbonate. I've tried many glues that claim they work. None I've tried do.

Possibly, with woven materials, an engineer could come up with a product that could hold two components together. I have not found any Chemists that can in six years of looking.

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 4:26AM
More Discussions
Greenhouse Bubble insulation
We have a glass 8x12 attached Solargro greenhouse....
salads_r_us
Largest greenhouse in the world...
I recently returned from a trip to SE Asia and spent...
kudzu9
What Kind of Black Landscape Fabric Do Nurseries Use?
I grow many roses/daylilies, etc. in pots and am building...
alameda/zone 8
12'x24' greenhouse made out of pallets
Well it took me 40 pallets to build and I got some...
food4freedom
I want a greenhouse but I'm not sure where to start?
I want a greenhouse to keep bigger animals like rabbits...
laschai
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™