Vintage Gardens

alameda/zone 8April 16, 2014

Not sure if I was just wistfully thinking but I thought I remembered that Vintage was going to do one last release, after the rambler release. They did one the first part of March, then the ramblers, and I was hoping for just one more. I wrote Gregg, but guess he is busy and I haven't heard. Does anyone else remember this or is it just me?

I just got my "last" order this week.....as I unpacked the "last" rose......Patsy Cline......I was sad at the thought of never receiving any more of these rare and beautiful roses.....was looking at my older ones this morning, seeing a bloom, observing some buds........and thought of all the years of ordering from Vintage. Sad to see this fine establishment go. I sure hope there will be "just one more" release......and wish they would make it a longer goodbye....
Judith

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poorbutroserich(Nashville 7a)

I felt sad too when I received my last order. Beautiful rare roses...
Susan

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 8:45PM
JoshTx(8a)

Judith,

According to what I read on their announcement, Vintage did indeed say they would have one more release after the ramblers.

Josh

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 12:41AM
alameda/zone 8

Thank you Josh! I was almost sure I recalled them saying there would be one more release. I hope they go out with a bang and release a huge list of roses! Wish we knew when.
Judith

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 3:28AM
Mendocino_Rose(z8 N CA.)

I did hear that there would be one more release. I could ask Gregg this weekend.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 8:37AM
JoshTx(8a)

Medocino,

That would be fantastic. I haven't yet been able to partake in any of their final releases, and having one last release would be so nice.

Please give Mr. Lowery my regards.

Josh

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 7:24PM
JoshTx(8a)

Medocino,

Just popping in to see if you had the opportunity to ask Mr. Lowery if Vintage was going to have that third release or not.

Thanks!

Josh

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 12:15AM
compost_angel(7b)

On the 18th, I received an email from Mr. Lowery saying that they will be releasing one final group "in the coming week."

I only learned about Vintage Roses three weeks ago, through this forum. I'm thankful for the opportunity to have a living reminder of its story.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 6:25PM
Mendocino_Rose(z8 N CA.)

Yes there will be one more release fairly soon. it will be another onesie or twosie sort of group of roses, probably some interesting things. Gregg couldn't give me a date yet.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 6:58PM
rosefolly

Compost Angel, you sent me an email but without your email address, so I was not able to reply to you. Your Gardenweb provacy settings are set to conceal your email, so no one can send you email or reply to you through GW.

If it is still available, you might want to order a copy of the Vintage Gardens printed catalog. That catalog is one of the finest rose books around. I refer to mine all the time, and so do many other rosarians. The information is currently available on their website, but that website will shortly be going away.

Other than that, Vintage will post a list of the roses that they will be offering a few days before the offer goes live. I am basing this statement on past practice. Former customers are on the mailing list to get it directly but someone always posts the announcement on this forum, so check daily. That will give you time to research and pick out some selections. You will want a first choice and some back up choices. And if the sale goes live at a certain time such as 8:00 a.m. (I made up that time; I do NOT know when it will actually be), make sure your order goes in a 8:01 a.m. It really is that competitive. If you wait until an hour after the announced start time, you probably won't get any of your choices.

And good luck!

Rosefolly

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 10:30PM
More Discussions
close cousins of Belinda's Dream?
BD looks like a great landcaping/cutting rose, but...
Adam Harbeck
Peach Silk
Seem to recall a thread about Peach Silk recently....
alameda/zone 8
giving up
most of my clippings and practically all of my past...
Campanula UK Z8
Aphids have found my roses...
I guess you never find just one aphid... I just spent...
vmr423
Devoniensis rose in Texas?
I am in south Texas and like the bush form of Devoniensis,...
kingcobbtx9b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™