Teasing Georgia

peachiekean(z10A CA)April 23, 2011

This morning my husband and I went to the Abbey to see Fr. Jerome's spring garden! The place is in full bloom with irises, lavender, roses, roses, roses and more roses. The picture is Jerome and me standing in front of a huge Teasing Georgia that I had planted at my little rose garden and a few years back and decided to give to Fr. Jerome where it could have some room to grow. Wow! It's a sight to see. Thank you again, Jerome, for having us up.

Happy Easter!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buford(7 NE GA)

Beautiful. My Teasing Georgia is putting out HUGE blooms this year. I love this rose.

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 6:25PM
imagardener2(9-10)

Very nice. I love seeing GW people and secondarily it really shows how BIG those blooms are. What a gorgeous plant (and people).

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 7:11PM
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23

Wonderful! Happy smiles--how could the smiles not be happy with a rose like that to look at?

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 8:17PM
jerome(z9 CA)

It is so much fun when Forum friends come up to visit. For some reason, Mary's Teasing Georgia was the Austin that gave me confidence I could grow them, and now many of them do well for me. It is a beautiful rose, and people walk over to the end of the high school building just to look at it.

I started taking care of our roses in March of 2004, and started gardening (redesigning and reconfiguring areas etc) that November. It's amazing to see how the plants mature and what happens. This spring flush is something unbelievable...and each year seems to get better and better.

Each year I try to have a theme. This year, it's "Feed the Roses". I am trying to do something nice for them once every month.

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
Companion plants for roses in drought-stricken California
Hi everyone! I have a small cottage garden in drought-stricken...
rathersmallbunny
Are There Any Roses You Regret Buying?
I've already discarded many dozens so I'd better not...
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Tess of the d'Ubervilles
I have bragged on Tess on several posts but never could...
alameda/zone 8
Duchesse de Brabant: Evaluation and Photos
Accidentally put this on the "Roses Forum"...
Sow_what? Southern California Inland
Thoughts on pruning? I'd love to see photos of your roses post-prune!
Hi all, I am gearing up for my first major pruning...
Dinglehopp3r z7A. EastTN
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™