Greenhouse Made From Salvaged Materials
I got the inspiration and motivation for this project here a few years ago, so it seems fitting to check in to show everyone what can be done to build a greenhouse using lots of salvaged materials.
I collected lumber and timbers and windows and skylights, and built the frame for this three years ago. I was undecided about exactly how to install the windows at that time, and winter was closing in and I HAD too use the greenhouse within a few weeks, so I wrapped the building in poly and used it that way for three winters.
This spring, as incentive to finally get the building finished the way it was originally designed, I removed the poly and the greenhouse sat naked all spring and summer. Last week, with winter bearing down again, I gathered the energy to make the final push to finally, FINALLY give this greenhouse its windows.
Working by myself for the most part makes things go a bit slower than I'd like them to, but I'm making enough progress each day to keep me satisfied. I'm documenting this on my blog, where there are photos of where things stand as of now. The link to today's post is below.
Once I finish (she says, hopefully) I will gather up all of my before and after photos and do a big post with lots of details. In the meantime, I'll continue to post little victories as progress warrants. Doing it this way keeps me motivated to show what I accomplished on a given day ... it makes me feel as if I'm accountable to the Blog World for any lapses in progress ... I'll take encouragement I can get to finally make this greenhouse look like the picture that I have been cultivating in my imagination.
Here is a link that might be useful: Greenhouse