Corrugated clear plastic/polycarbonate panels?????

fortisi876(Z6NJ)November 15, 2010

Hello all!

I'm looking to source some corrugated clear plastic panels, anyone know where they sell some?

I just built a shed and would like to use this stuff for the most upper part of the gable peak to bring in some daylight.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think Home Depot has one called Suntuf.

    Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 11:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I would think any lumber yard that sells to rural areas would have clear plastic corrugated panels for pole barns. I know mine does.


    Bookmark   November 17, 2010 at 3:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Lowes sells Tuftex, corrugated polycarbonate panels, in their roofing department. This will be my greenhouse roof, come springtime.


    Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 7:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for all the replies folks, I opted to just close up the gables with the siding for now. The stuff recommended above I was already aware of, that's more of a roofing product, the stuff I was looking for is the panels they use on the side of those plastic paneled greenhouses.
Click below for pic....

Here is a link that might be useful:

    Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 12:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

We bought polycarbonate panels .24 inch thick, forget what dimensions but somewhat like a plywood sheet. Then we cut it to use for walls in our sun porch, and clerestory windows in our northside closet and tub bumpout. Not corrugated. No UV filtering. No coloration.

We found it at a local plastics dealer. The one in Mobile is called Ala-Fla Plastics, but some similar suppliers are probably all over the country.

Just run a quick search on POLYCARBONATE SHEETS or POLYCARBONATE PANELS, and choose the one in your area that you are familiar with.

Pay particular attention to expansion requirements with larger sized panels.

In this photo, the upper panels are about 2 x 6 feet and the lowers are about 2 x 2...

    Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 11:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Your picture +looks more like double walled polycarb rather than corrugated. Corrugated has a "roofing" type wave. Your picture looks like it is flat. Call CASSCO in Montgomery, Alabama @ 1.800.962.1922. They may be able to help you locate someone in Jersey. Also, Palram is the Suntuf company. If you are going to use the real corrugated polycarb, I suggest the Palram Suntuf product. The make a polycarb ridge cap which will cover the ridge at the top of the roof. Tuftex does not have the ridge cap. The two products are a different profile and the Suntuf ridge cap will not fit the Tuftex panels.

    Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 11:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you for all the additional posts/info, since the weather was getting cold I decided to just cover the gables with the side paneling for now. I'll look into picking something up in the spring. Thnx again folks, can always rely on the G.W. to get some answers!!!

    Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 8:53PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What Kind of Black Landscape Fabric Do Nurseries Use?
I grow many roses/daylilies, etc. in pots and am building...
alameda/zone 8
Subterranean Heating/Cooling System - Continued
This is to continue the discussion from the previous...
Backyard boardwalk
The side of my house is planted with rows of tropical...
Two 6x8 HFGH and central shed idea -- Additional suggestions?
Six or seven years ago I bought a 6'x8' Harbor Freight...
Seed starting?
I'm many have started seeds, and of...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™