What kind of adhesive can you use on plastic?

ohioveggiesNovember 18, 2011

I used crazy expensive velcro on the sides of my hoophouse that roll up to keep the ends closed, but still able to roll up if needed. The plastic isnt sticking to the adhesive on the velcro. Is there something I can use to glue it back to the backing of the velcro without damaging it of course?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cuestaroble

My go-to product for similar repairs is "shoe goo". It is for shoe repairs, but seems to work in situations where rubber cement is not good enough. I have not tried it on your particular problem, but it may be worth a try.

Here is a link that might be useful: shoe goo

Bookmark   November 18, 2011 at 8:42PM
boston3381(7)

i like to know whats works allso ?
i was thinking " Gorilla Glue " we have used this to fix flaps on conveyor belts.
the only thing i didnt like abouhgt Gorilla Glue is it drys with a lot of air bubbles in it all most like a foam? but holds up like a rock....

Bookmark   November 19, 2011 at 6:44PM
poppa(z5 MA)

I am considering Silicon caulking. The neighbor's kid but a golfball through my poly GH roof so i thought i'd cut two 1 foot square poly sheets and coat each with the silicon, then paste them on either side of the hole.

Keep in mind that i have a special GH where i will need to stop leaks completely (google solaroof to see why).

I know there is tape you can get but it never seems to last as long as the poly.

Poppa

Bookmark   November 23, 2011 at 9:09AM
kudzu9(Zone 8a - PNW)

You might consider trying one of the hot melt glues specifically formulateded for plastics.

Bookmark   November 23, 2011 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
Convertible/Multipurpose Green House. Is this a good or bad idea?
I want to have a multipurpose enclosure around my backyard...
peowmeow
Buying an older greenhouse business?
What would someone want to go by when figuring what...
ctsnicholas
Tempered Glass Panels for Greenhouse?
I have talked my DH into building me a Greenhouse.. I...
bonniein
HELP!! First year with greenhouse
Hello friends. My hubby bought me a small 6x8 greenhouse...
kbrielle18
Vegetables
What are considered warm and cool weather plants for...
4greenhouse
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™