Strawberries

loveitgreenNovember 6, 2010

I dug up my strawberry bed as the trees around it had grown up and were shading it all day. I transplated them in 10" hanging baskets. I think if I hung the baskets in the greenhouse, they would take off and I don't want them to yet. Though it is an unheated greenhouse, daytime sun can sure be warm. I am thinking that I should keep them all outside until maybe December or January and then move them into the greenhouse and hang them. Then move them back out when summer comes. Has anyone ever tried strawberries in the greenhouse? Do you take them in and out? Have you tried them in permanent beds in the GH?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seamommy(7bTX)

Well, what do you want them to do if you take them in? If you don't want them to take off, wait until the plants go dormant, then store them in a cold dark place, not necessarily in the greenhouse.

I never really thought about it but strawberries in December would be nice. Cheryl

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 3:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
web4deb(5 CT)

I grow strawberries in my greenhouse. You can look through my videos at http://www.youtube.com/web4deb and also my blog at http://web4deb.blogspot.com. There's some details about them that should be helpful.

Bookmark   November 9, 2010 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
watering pugs
Watering plugs...better from the top or the bottom
kathybesaw
Greenhouse blogs
It has been a lot of fun and eduacational reading these...
wildlifegardenermt
1/2 inch or 3/4 inch pvc?
I am thinking of building a cold frame greenhouse and...
dwyerkg
GH Tomatoes - 2015
Yeah!! We opened our GH this week for the 2015 season....
hudson___wy
subterranean heating/cooling in a Mid-Atlantic (Maryland, z7) climate
I'm posting as a separate topic since I'm "late...
hairmetal4ever
Sponsored Products
18-Inch Square Strawberry Red and Parchment Patterned Cotton Pillow Cover with P
$51.60 | Bellacor
Easter Classic Petits Fours - MULTI COLORS
$36.00 | Horchow
Cylinder Glass Drink Dispenser with Infuser
Classic Hostess
angelo:HOME Hand-tufted Black Hudson Park Polyester Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
Mirror Image Strawberry Conch Shells 30142
Beyond Stores
Berry Colander
$7.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™