The Paper Garden

anntn6b(z6b TN)May 15, 2011

Linked is an excerpt from a new book. We know one of the characters, the Duchess of Portland. Here's a presentation about one of her friends. It's also a reminder how different life is now for garden lovers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/books/review/book-review-the-paper-garden-by-molly-peacock.html?_r=1&src=recg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sadie_pnw

Thanks, Ann, I enjoyed reading the review. I'm interested in botanical drawing and often think I'm too old to learn to do it really well. That's quite an inspiring story. The review is linked directly below. Gean

Here is a link that might be useful: Paper Garden NYT book review Ann found for us

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 3:31PM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

Thanks Ann, sounds good from the review, I'm going to look into that one (appreciate the link Gean).
I am currently 2/3 of the way through "The Brother Gardners: Botany, Empire and the Birth of an Obsession" by Andrea Wulf. If someone likes to read about these sort of things, (and I do) you will like that one too.

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 6:51PM
catsrose(VA 6)

Ann,

Yes, I read it the review this morning. I have small collection on gardeners, so will add this one. Why is gardening brings out the best in eccentricities?

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 7:01PM
karenforroses(z5 NorthernMI)

Thanks for the great book tip. Sounds wonderful. I loved "The Brothers Gardeners" and am now enjoying "TheFounding Gardeners", also by Andrea Wulf.

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 7:45PM
More Discussions
Please help me identify this rose?
This rose blooms only once a year in the spring. My...
linjon zone 5
Where are they now? (Francis Dubreuil & other MIA roses)
The previous threads on this topic (and a few others)...
vmr423
David Austin Backlash... Well post your FAV Austin Pic here.
There seems to be some recent backlash on austin roses,...
silverkelt
William R. Smith
Does anyone know how this compares to Maman Cochet...
titian1 10b
Duchesse de Brabant: Evaluation and Photos
Accidentally put this on the "Roses Forum"...
Sow_what? Southern California Inland
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™