Possible Fungus?

jchandraJanuary 24, 2013

I just purchased this DR and there seems to be a possible fungus issue. As you can see in the picture, there are black spots on a couple of the leaves as well as deformation. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with it and how to fix it? I'm new to this and am at a loss. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcharles_gw

The majority of the leaves look good, other than the two in the front lower part of plant (in photo). Looks to be a few marks on a leaf on left upper.
I would remove the two leaves that are discolored and through in garbage.
The white halo looking spots all over the leaves is more than likely from something in the water when watered over head.
Watch it for a while to see if you notice any changes as this is a new plant.
Rick

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 8:08PM
karyn1(7a)

I agree with Rick. I don't think the damaged foliage is anything to worry about but you can pinch them off and dispose of them. The white spots on the remainder of the foliage are from water. When removing the foliage don't pull it off the main stem. Leave a small piece of the petiole (leaf stem) which will yellow and drop on it's own.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 9:17AM
jchandra

Thank you for the quick responses! I have cut the leaves off and I'll keep an eye on the plant. Does anyone know how to get the water spots off? I tried misting the leaves and wiping them with a paper towel, but that didn't work.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 9:38AM
Tolip(Tropical)

Those are not normal water spots. I believe the plant was sprayed with a fungicide. These are normally a suspension and when dried would normally give that appearance. It's a good treatment though not good for the appearance.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 9:15PM
jchandra

Thanks for the replies! Now, some of the leaves are shriveling up and falling off. Is this normal? Maybe due to climate change, it's going dormant?

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 3:33PM
More Discussions
Lovely Blooms
This photo was taken today. Glad to share.
koi3300
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
True Socotranum Seedlings
These are the True Socotranum seedlings that I have...
rcharles_gw
2nd picture of yellow DR
Here is another picture.
kitnor
Newbie in Adenium plants
These are my Adeniums. I bought some seeds somewhere...
SimonaB
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™