Problems with Adeniums/Overfeeding

marialeal20January 6, 2014

Hello everyone
Happy Healthy 2014
I have previously opened a topic Overfeeding and I have not received a reply as yet.
I have decided to 1/2 the strength of any fertilizers and insecticides that I use to see if it makes any difference. I have taken them out of the hothouse to increase the ventilation between plants. Also how often should you spray if you have a problem and can you treat for spider mite and fungus at the same time or will that be over treating. Could that be what I am seeing on the leaf.
Could someone have a look at the photos and see what they think I would appreciate it.
Cheers Maria

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcharles_gw

Hi Maria,
I was suprised to hear you say that you had not received a response to date, as new posts that are not answered usually stay a top of postings? Sorry from everyone for this.

I cannot be sure Maria from the photo, but the white speckling on leaves could be from spider mites.
I would treat for mites at intervals of 5-7 days for 3 treatments. Make sure if you spray the leaves with a contact insecticide, that it is not done in sun. The leaves could burn.
If concerned about burning and you use a contact insecticide, then you can rinse off with water after an hour or two. I do not use systemic, so I cannot give advice.
Not sure about treating for both at same time. Have to be clear as to what issues you are dealing with first.
I fertilize mine when in full growth every time with 1/2 strength and this is watering once weekly. If more then I water in between with plain water.
It is recommend if you can fertilize with something similar to 9-3-6, or 24-8-16
I hope that this helps you.
Rick

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 8:07PM
marialeal20

Thanks Rick
I have been overdoing it a bit by the sounds of it. You have given me a good routine I can follow and will look forward to any further advice that you can give me.
Thanks so much Maria

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 5:48PM
Aggie2(10a)

Maria,

It looks like mine plants dealing with bad mite infestation. I don't know about any systemic to treat it, so I spray, multiple times and hope for the best! Make sure you spray both sides of leaves, and do it every week for at least 3 times. I get it every winter, they like dry weather! Number of times I got desperate, defoliated and sprayed stems and caudex. Water helps, if you can give your DR shower!

Aggie

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 8:07PM
More Discussions
Unable to log in.
I am very dissapointed that I am not able to log in...
3300koi
Ordering from Mr.Ko
Has anyone tried ordering from Mr. Ko recently? I tried...
maark23 TX/8a
Stunning Yellow
This stunning yellow DR is also one of my favorites....
koi3300
Second Year!
There are 16 inches of snow-shoveling being procrastinated...
fakechuchi
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™