A single bloom

MRI_Guy(5a)February 18, 2013

One of my DR's produced a single bloom a couple of days ago. It's only one pink flower, nothing to get excited about, but the fact that it bloomed the day that it was 8 degrees below zero on the other side of the window glass in Wisconsin made it pretty exciting for me!

Scott

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcharles_gw(8a.)

I would say Scott. That it is fantastic no matter what color for this time of year. Must be happy with the sunlight and care it gets.
Rick

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 11:25PM
ltran54(9)

Scott, you plant looks so much better to all my desert rose right now. It still has full head of leaves.
Marie

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 9:22AM
MRI_Guy(5a)

Thanks Rick and Marie - oddly enough, none of my DR's have lost leaves and gone dormant. I'm really not sure why, I don't use any afterhours supplemental lighting nor do I fertilize during the winter. I simply water them once a week to keep them from drying out, watch them closely for spider mites and keep them warm. The 4' x 8' south facing window they sit in has a 24" deep sill and a LOT of sunlight available.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:42AM
greenclaws UKzone8a

Congrats on the bloom, you seem to be having great success with your plants at the moment. This one looks very healthy, the leaves are a very dark green aren't they!
Gill from the UK.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 12:03PM
More Discussions
Waking up
I was just taking a look in the garage at all the adeniums...
kodom087 z9a
Need help with Sieve Dilemna for Gritty mix
Hey, guys I know this has been posted on before I am...
flgrown1
First flower buds!!!!
Just got back from Orchids by Hausermann's open house...
Andrew
My Adenium needs help!!!!!!
i dont know really whats wrong with my Adenium.Its...
leenamathew3
Granite Grit Substitute
HelIo, I have done tons of reading on these forums...
flgrown1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™