Is it time

bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MIApril 27, 2013

Well, is it time for these to move into a new home? And, if so, do you just carefully dig them up and replant?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fakechuchi(7)

Hey yo.

I'm sure there's an optimum time for repotting adenium seedlings. I think the rule of thumb is to move them when they have three sets of true leaves.

But I have pulled out seedlings as young as 12 days from the mat of green goo they were growing in, moved them into deli containers that are now their individual pots. They're fine.

On the other hand, I also have two-month old seedlings still growing in the container where they germinated.

Nice plants! Getting fat bottoms already. If they were my plants, I'd pot them up individually now--especially those two that might already be tangled....Or, on second thought, I'd probably leave those two tangled and pot them up that way, just to see what happens in a year.

Pagan

This post was edited by fakechuchi on Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 15:22

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 2:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenclaws UKzone8a

Hi there Howard, good to 'see' you again!
I tend to re-pot mine when they are at that stage as I think they can be looked after better when they are potted up individually...just my opinion. I find that in a multi-cell tray, some can be dry, some can be wetter and watering one can let excess water go into other cells from the bottom...so in other words I can control their moisture levels better when in their own pots.
I'll reply to your email later tonight ;)
Gill, UK.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 6:44AM
More Discussions
2nd picture of yellow DR
Here is another picture.
kitnor
Yellow DR
I know this is not an unusual one but it has brighten...
kitnor
Adenium Leaves Curled Under
A few of my adenium seedlings (4 mo.) new growth of...
bilabongbong
Ordering from Mr.Ko
Has anyone tried ordering from Mr. Ko recently? I tried...
maark23 TX/8a
Winter seedlings
In a heated plant box, 14 hours under T5HOs. Thanks,...
fakechuchi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™