DR's Leaves Falling by Spider Web

MyLan153(5)April 16, 2013

My DR had some very thin spider-web those caused the leaves start falling. My DR has just come out of the dormant a couple of weeks ago with the new leaves, and all of a sudden the leaves are dying then dropped. Please let me know how to treat this disease,I'm afraid that my DR will die.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcharles_gw

MyLan,
If it is spider mites. I have wiped the plant down with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and I have used an insecticidal soap, one that is recommended for spider mites. They are a contact insecticide and have to contact the insect in question. I spray on and leave for an hour, then rinse off with plain water. Found that the Adeniums can be sensitive to many topical agents.
If it has lost all of it's leaves then no worries about it effecting it's leaves.
Best to check other plants in close proximity to your Adeniums for same insect.
Rick

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 8:02PM
MyLan153(5)

Rich,
I'm going to get the rubbing alcohol and wipe them off. Should I rinse the plant with water after applying the rubbing? There are some leaves left on my DR.
Thanks Rich.

PS: If anyone have other ways, please advice. Thanks.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 5:30PM
ltran54(9)

Hello Mylan, I mix 3 table spoons of dish soap with a gallon of water, spray on them after sun goes down. Spray again next morning before the sun comes up. (no direct sun). It should take care the problem, if not, repeat once again. Good luck.
Marie

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 5:54PM
fakechuchi(7)

Thanks Rick and Marie----I needed these information as well, I just keep forgetting to ask about repeat application and whether it was the soap spray that turned some of my seedlings' leaves yellow.

I didn't even really see critters in my plants, I just had an attack of random paranoia. My precioussss.

Pagan

Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 7:48AM
MyLan153(5)

I mixed rubbing alcohol and water, 1:1, and sprayed on the leaves and stems yesterday evening and again early this morning.

Hope it would get rid of these spider mites, otherwise I will try the mixture of dish soap and water.

Marie and Rich, thank you so much for your information and knowledge of DR.

Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 4:20PM
teengardener1888(NY Albany 5a)

Thanks for the advice mylan on my post

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
A hearty hello to everyone!
Hello everyone and welcome to all the new comers in...
kodom087 z9a
Unable to log in.
I am very dissapointed that I am not able to log in...
3300koi
Winter seedlings
In a heated plant box, 14 hours under T5HOs. Thanks,...
fakechuchi
Adenium Leaves Curled Under
A few of my adenium seedlings (4 mo.) new growth of...
bilabongbong
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™