Today's Project

kodom087 z9aMay 1, 2013

Here's a link to a nice photo spread of part of my repotting project today. Glad I decided to do it. The one's showing bare roots had a little rot on some of the feeder roots. Glad I caught it in time!

Enjoy!
Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Repotting adeniums

This post was edited by kodom087 on Wed, May 1, 13 at 16:13

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger9899(10 SW Florida)

FYI Kirk, I'm getting a proxy error - connection refused when I try to view your link. Not sure if it is just me or not though.

-Heather

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 3:44PM
ltran54(9)

I can't connect either.
Marie

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 3:51PM
kodom087 z9a

Must be something on my end. I'll try to fix it. I was trying to share from my own server. New to that kind of technical stuff and apparently I'm not as good as I thought.

Kirk

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 3:58PM
fakechuchi(7)

Very cool, yo. What were you planning to do with the somalense/arabicum hybrid? I can't wait! Which one has root rot? It's probably obvious, I just don't recognize it.

Pagan

(p.s. I had to tweak my NoScript to play the slideshow but it came out okay. However, it took time to load. It could just be timing out.)

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 4:06PM
kodom087 z9a

Oh cool, Pagan, you were able to see it. I went ahead and uploaded them to imgur and changed the link until I can figure out what the problem is for some people not being able to view them while others can. Eventually I want to get away from using some public hosted server and just use my own.

Not sure what I plan to do with my sister's somalense/arabicum cross as of yet. She wanted me to trim it shorter but I'm not so sure. However, the limbs are putting out a bunch of side branches so I guess in the long run it won't hurt it one bit. It is very leggy.

As for the root rot it was on the 3 obesums. It wasn't much and I probably already cut it off before I snapped the pictures. Luckily non were on any of the nice fat roots. Letting them air dry in the garage for a day or two before I pot them back up.

Kirk

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 4:18PM
More Discussions
We lost USDA zones in conversion to new site.
Sadly, I cannot see how to list our USDA zones under...
jedobaTX9b
Lovely Blooms
This photo was taken today. Glad to share.
koi3300
Twins!
Two plants from the same seed! I didn't know that could...
Andrew
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
Rinoa Chen seeds
Hello, good afternoon! Has anyone bought seeds of Rinoa...
Relve
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™