Where to buy 'Desert Rose Plants' near San Antonio, TX

Ramsea54May 30, 2012

Can anyone provide information on where to purchase Desert Rose plants around the San Antonio are? I heard that the flea market in Rockport may have a vendor, but need details of days vendor is available. I would like to get a variety of different bloom colors. We have two healthy plants at present.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elucas101(8)

I found one at WalMart, they had some grafted and some non grafted, but all the tags show the same color - so, you could pick up one, or buy a grafted one and most likely get some other color. Some people have scored one at their local HD, although I haven't seen one in the Austin area yet. Another option is if you have a local nursery, they may carry them. Someone else posted that their HEB had them in 3 color varieties, that's worth checking out!

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 10:12AM
Warren.C

I got mine about 8 years ago from the Home Depot at the Arbor Walk in Austin. I've seen them appear every once in a while at the big box stores over the years.

It's About Thyme was selling them at the Barton Creek Farmers Market at least a couple of years back. I haven't been recently so I'm not sure if they still do or not, nor have I checked to see if they carry them at their nursery itself.

www.itsaboutthyme.com
www.bartoncreekfarmersmarket.org

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 10:49PM
tinamib(8B)

"It's about Thyme" in South Austin is where I bought my three. You can give them a call to see when they bring them out. they grow all theirs from seed so they have many colors to chose from. They did say that even though the parent may of been the color stated, sometimes they turn out different! Only one of mine bloomed last year and it was correct. The other two started to bloom a few weeks ago just in time for the cold so I didn't get to see their colors!! Darn!!

Bookmark   January 13, 2013 at 1:06PM
tinamib(8B)

"It's about Thyme" in South Austin is where I bought my three. You can give them a call to see when they bring them out. they grow all theirs from seed so they have many colors to chose from. They did say that even though the parent may of been the color stated, sometimes they turn out different! Only one of mine bloomed last year and it was correct. The other two started to bloom a few weeks ago just in time for the cold so I didn't get to see their colors!! Darn!!

Bookmark   January 13, 2013 at 1:08PM
More Discussions
Need help with Sieve Dilemna for Gritty mix
Hey, guys I know this has been posted on before I am...
flgrown1
Adenium almost 'two meters' height
I have this obesum since 2010, she was one of the first...
Relve
My Adenium needs help!!!!!!
i dont know really whats wrong with my Adenium.Its...
leenamathew3
Help with desert rose and gritty mix
Hey, guys n gals just hoping for a little help on a...
flgrown1
Sponsored Products
Spring Blossom Wreath
Grandin Road
Round Resin Planter Saucers - SA-12-1510
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Modernica | Case Study Ceramic Planter Wok
YLiving.com
Step Stool Single - Loll Designs
$138.00 | HORNE
Forever Green Art Antique Floral Arrangement
Beyond Stores