New seeds arrived today!

jv44(Zone 4 MN)June 22, 2013

I got a couple of packets of seeds from Kukuan (Adeniumcenter) via "Buy it Now" on Ebay.....they were shipped June 10 and arrived today. This has been typical for seeds that I've bought from Thailand--they take roughly 2 weeks to get here. So now I've got 10 seeds of Thai soco "Chada Petch" and 23 seeds of Dwarf Black RCN arabicum....plus a free bonus packet of 10 seeds of A. obesum "Aurora". Now I just have 2 packets of seed coming from Mr. Ko to wait for.

Mike in MN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ltran54(9)

Mike,,,,your second full time job is coming....soon.
Have fun with them.
Marie

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 1:14PM
jv44(Zone 4 MN)

Very true, Marie--I still have to figure out the best and most economical lights to use for my adeniums indoors after the summer. Meanwhile I'm busy re-potting all my babies from community trays into single containers--mostly using styrofoam cups and small coir pots. I'm having fun despite recovering from hernia surgery (June 11) at the same time!

Mike in MN

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 2:36PM
rcharles_gw

Hi Mike,
Your are going to have a nice group of plants.
I used the High Out-Put T5 Flourescents this past winter for my seedlings and they did very well. I watched the hydro bill in comparison to years past not using the lights and it was barely noticeable in cost.
I used 3 x 4' tubes on 6hrs./day to extend the daylight hours.
Very happy with results.

Rick

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 7:32PM
kodom087 z9a

Congrats on your seeds! I can't wait to see pics of how your dwarf black rcn develop.

Kirk

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 11:15PM
jv44(Zone 4 MN)

Thanks Kirk--I sowed them last night, believe me, I'll take photos as they grow! I just HAD to have something dwarf AND black!
And Thanks Rick--HO T5's are what I was thinking of using, maybe paired with the latest tech, LED lights of the same 48" length. I'm not sure at the moment how many I'll need, maybe 2 of each--or twice that depending on how big my seedlings get over the summer. So my electric bill may be somewhat higher.....am even toying with the idea of having a couple of solar panels installed to take up the slack! We'll see how it goes....

Mike in MN

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 11:32PM
More Discussions
The Great Soil Debate
Updated with best answers(7-22-14) So while there is...
jasonwipf
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
Rinoa Chen seeds
Hello, good afternoon! Has anyone bought seeds of Rinoa...
Relve
Awesome Colour
This is the first time this dr plant blooms. It blooms...
koi3300
Adenium almost 'two meters' height
I have this obesum since 2010, she was one of the first...
Relve
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™