Soft caudex question

VoodoomagicJune 19, 2013

Hi everyone I am gardening while I type this and started to look at the plants I got from Home Depot. The big red one is loosing leaves and caudex is soft ( only by roots ) same with the white one . The white one was soft because I let it dry for a week but I put it in soil and watered it on Friday of last week. I felt the caudex where roots are and they are still soft. The red one was in the sun for weeks and it was ok but not sure if I watered it enough or not. I live in corona so we get winds and the heat here is unbearable some times . I have all my adenium in Kellogg cactus and palm soil and I added perlite to the mix. My other adenium are fine. Should I move the two sick ones back under my patio ? The white one hasn't gotten too much sun because I was dryi g it out due to some root rot and damage to the roots. If pictures will help lmk I just potted these plants so soil is fresh etc ... Also my point about mentioning weather the soil looks like it gets dried almost ever day

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcharles_gw

I would move them into a filtered light site. If the soil is moist, then I would not water in again.
I would imagine if you get that hot there your watering requirements would be more often than some.
Rick

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
Unable to log in.
I am very dissapointed that I am not able to log in...
3300koi
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
Ballooning
On one of the many adenium groups on facebook I saw...
kodom087 z9a
Awesome Colour
This is the first time this dr plant blooms. It blooms...
koi3300
Lovely Blooms
This photo was taken today. Glad to share.
koi3300
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™