Double Grafting

kodom087 z9aJuly 29, 2014

So, I decided to take a picture of my seedling that bloomed for the first time next to that NOID I bought last year. It gives a great comparison for the bloom size, shape, and color of them together. Also the leaves happen to be almost identical so that's a huge bonus!

I am going to be doing a double graft with them onto a single rootstock. Is this a win in your opinion? LOL

Kirk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
printmaster1

Kirk,

I think this will be a great looking matchup.
Keep us posted on the results.
As I stated on FB, I really like the smaller red NOID.

Lonnie

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 1:13PM
ltran54(9)

I am with you Lonnie, I like the small Noid, but it is for me, I graft some other contrast color, so they will stand out.

I like both blooms....very pretty.

Marie

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 2:16PM
rcharles_gw

I think they would look good together, Kirk. As Marie mentions another bloom with a similar or contrasting color would make each one stand out individually, but they definitely should compliment each other.
I will depend if you have something that fits. Nice grafting trial though.

Funny, with reading your post, Kirk. When I got the Adeniums from the fella close by me (reducing his plant numbers), there are 2 or 3 that have two branches grafted in a "V" grafting. Never payed attention or thought that they might be two different forms. Will have to pay attention.
These plants I believe came from Warunee (Thailand) and she has always been very big on multiple grafts from same site of root stock.

One way look at it. You will have a plant with two wonderful blooms so you can graft using scions from both in later years. Kind of a back up of parent plants.
Rick

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 12:07AM
kodom087 z9a

I agree another color would be good, I thought about adding my Muang Sakda but I still have not seen mine bloom and this is it's second year in my possession. It's leaves are also very similar to the other two so I think it would add a very nice contrast and compliment them perfectly.

Rick, do keep us posted to see if they do turn out to be single or double grafts. I'm always amazed at the prices on ebay for multiple grafts. I'd almost prefer single grafts for cheaper and then eventually do my own multiple grafts.

Kirk

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 1:25PM
printmaster1

Kirk,

Chaya had a few multi grafted plants. One had variegated leaves too.

Lonnie

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 6:40AM
More Discussions
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
Winter seedlings
In a heated plant box, 14 hours under T5HOs. Thanks,...
fakechuchi
The Great Soil Debate
Updated with best answers(7-22-14) So while there is...
jasonwipf
Nowhere even near the vicinity of the forum topic
Everyone is indoors, hunkered down for another 7 inches...
fakechuchi
trying to post a picture
How odd this new forum is, I have been away for a while....
katluvr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™