Obesom on arabicum?

ltran54(9)July 15, 2012

My girlfriend Mai gave this plant to me, she asked another friend who delivered it to my house on the same day that I am about to do the graftings.

The plant was about 2 feet tall with normal pink blooms, I didn't like how it look, so I cut it down and grafted 5 scions on it. (3 double pink and 2 scions with "Triple Splash") Later that night I called Mai to thanks her, she told me that was arabicum plant. I honestly didn't recognized and ran to the back to take a closer look.

I read on internet about arabicum and knew that arabicum is harder to bloom, and it will not take any graft of any kind.

Oh well, I already did the grafts, and take care the normal way with others plants. To my suprise, all 5 scions of obesum alive on arabicum.

Any body ever do this kind of grafts?

I just gave it a new pot today.

It was only plastic pot in this picture.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

It looks healthy. Maybe it was really an obesum and not an arabicum? BTW I like the way the flat graft scar looks much more then the V/cleft graft. It's not nearly as noticable.

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 6:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ltran54(9)

Thank you Karyn, it was an arabicum, the leaves were silvery and back of the leaves had hair. I compared the leaves with my arabicum plant.
Marie

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
Finally! My First Seedling Bloom
Hallelujah! After almost 2 years of coddling seedlings...
ginger9899
Need help with my Adenium
Getting ready for Spring and thought I would prune...
rduba86442
Help! How to trim and transfer my Adenium
My Adenium has not been taken cared for in years. Now...
audreydychua
Crinkly Pink Adenium
This is the full size mother plant with a total of...
jayeff71
Need help with Sieve Dilemna for Gritty mix
Hey, guys I know this has been posted on before I am...
flgrown1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™