Healed rotted caudex

karyn1(7a)August 24, 2012

I'd posted about 2 adeniums that had been growing together that I wanted to separate. Once I got them apart I saw that a significant portion of one of the caudexes was rotted. I cut away the rotted portion, dusted with a fungicide and allowed to dry before repotting. Surprisingly it healed up just fine and is growing well. This is a fairly large caudex, almost 8" in diameter and the rotted portion was at least 3" so don't give up if you find rot. This is what the healed caudex looks like.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elucas101(8)

WOW! Great job saving that one, I had no idea they could recover from a large section of rot. Thanks for posting that, very educational.

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 2:37PM
ltran54(9)

Wow...good ending.....

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 11:52PM
hookilau(long island NY)

Yup!
Very inspiring. Glad to know it's possible to bounce back after this degree of damage :) Thanks for sharing!

Antoinette

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 8:23PM
karyn1(7a)

I've had small areas of rot cut away and the plants have done fine but I was really surprised that this one recovered. The hole goes several inches up into the caudex which can't be seen in a pic. Cutting out all the rot and allowing it to dry well before potting I think is what made the biggest difference. Not sure if the fungicide is absolutely necessary but I have it so I use it.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Adenium Leaves Curled Under
A few of my adenium seedlings (4 mo.) new growth of...
bilabongbong
Awesome Colour
This is the first time this dr plant blooms. It blooms...
koi3300
Adenium almost 'two meters' height
I have this obesum since 2010, she was one of the first...
Relve
trying to post a picture
How odd this new forum is, I have been away for a while....
katluvr
Yellow DR
I know this is not an unusual one but it has brighten...
kitnor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™