nice surprise!!!!

roma0904(9)August 6, 2014

Hello

Last March I went to a local nursery, I foud some adeniums but all singles and pinks and there was one white (had 4, 5 flowers it was completely white) in the middle of them, it caught my attention as I didn't have any whites at the time, but I said, I promised to my self inwont buy any kore singles, as I was leaving I noticed the base of the plant was rotten so I ask the guy that it was all rotten so I got it for 5 dlls, it took a while to heal but finally I saved it

Since I got it never bloom again till now and got this, their not the same color, not complaining I love what I got

The question is, do blooms change that much in the same plant? Or it was just the bad care it received? Wrong soil, lack of nutrients Too much water?

Roberto

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heart_in_bloom

Can't answer you question,
but it's a lovely bloom,
I always love those that give me the "apple blossom feeling" ...

Britta

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 10:51AM
ltran54(9)

The pink makes white so lovely.

Marie

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 10:55AM
ladylotus(Z3/4 ND)

Roberto, single flowered adeniums are my ABSOLUTE favorite! I think your bloom is lovely.

I have noticed in my plants that the blooms seem to change as the plant ages. Also, I noticed that depending on the weather (cold, warm or hot) and the amount of rain we receive and the nutrients in the soil do make a difference in the color, size and number of flowers I receive.

However, please know these are just my humble observations.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 3:52PM
rcharles_gw

It is beautiful and quite pristine on it's own. Good size bloom also.
I have found this year and I do not know why, but a few blooms have changed from first bloom to subsequent ones.
I post a thread called Dbl. Yellow Lemon - interesting change.
I am looking at it right now :). and one branch has a bloom same as last year and the other with two other, more yellow blooms as in photo and a looser bloom.
Jury is out on mine for now.
Rick

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 7:17PM
adenium1949

Hi,
Colour and size of bloom can change a lot depending on light levels, and probably other factors too. I have a plant that blooms cherry red in strong sunlight June/July and fades to almost pure white by late November.
Brian UK.

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 2:17AM
More Discussions
Ballooning
On one of the many adenium groups on facebook I saw...
kodom087 z9a
Adenium almost 'two meters' height
I have this obesum since 2010, she was one of the first...
Relve
The Great Soil Debate
Updated with best answers(7-22-14) So while there is...
jasonwipf
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
Few Sources In USA for Adenium....Why ???
Not only am I frustrated...but more than a little disgusted...
bronxfigs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™