Looking for adenium seeds for mom

cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)September 30, 2012

Well my mom keeps asking me what my little seedlings look like, I told her they are starting their forth set of leaves now she wants some seeds so she can watch them grow. Does anyone have any seeds they would be willing to trade for something on my list?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ltran54(9)

Cinnie, it is too late to start adenium seeds now. These babies take awhile to get big and winter is coming.
You can wait until Feb 2013 and order seeds from Ebay to get fresh seeds. Fresh seeds get almost 90-95% germinate.
Remember to buy the most cheapest seeds you can get, since most of them have commond color pink.
Sow them in the late March or early April to be ideal time, because they will be 7-8 months before the winter.
Marie

Bookmark   September 30, 2012 at 10:18PM
karyn1(7a)

If you want to start them indoors with bottom heat you can start them at any time. I've started plenty over the winter. I agree with Marie about buying inexpensive seeds and buy them from a reliable vendor. If they aren't fresh they won't germinate. Adenium seeds don't remain viable for long but like Marie said fresh seeds will give you almost 100% germination.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 6:30AM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Cinnie,

Email me and i will send you some seeds.. I have some pods opening now..i don't need anything in return : )

I just planted some seeds from a friend from Florida and they are doing great..

i will post a pic for you.. i need to go and take a pic and upload to computer..ill be back... : )

Laura

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 7:57PM
cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)

Hi all thank you for replying. I do plan on starting them now with heat pads. Loveplants2 I just emailed you thank you.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Help with desert rose and gritty mix
Hey, guys n gals just hoping for a little help on a...
flgrown1
A hearty hello to everyone!
Hello everyone and welcome to all the new comers in...
kodom087 z9a
Roll Call!
Yo! everyone made it okay? Pagan
fakechuchi
Awesome Colour
This is the first time this dr plant blooms. It blooms...
koi3300
February Blooms
Here are a few of my February blooms. Many others...
jjbadenium
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™