Adenium seeds

karyn1(7a)November 14, 2012

I still have a couple packets of adenium seeds left. I collected these last month while in FL. I planted a few and got 100% germination. I'm 99% sure they are from an ordinary pink blooming plant. If anyone wants some please post here.

Karyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kodom087 z9a

Oh I'd love a few! Don't care of color or anything. Just the experience. I'd ordered some that never came in and finally got my money back.

Kirk

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 10:25AM
karyn1(7a)

Kirk please send me an email to my AOL address. There's no email listed on your member page and the GW mail is unreliable.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 3:54PM
kodom087 z9a

Sent. Thanks!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 4:22PM
MyLan153(5)

Hi Karyn, if you still have some, can I have a few? I like Adenium so much but in my area it's hard to find any at the stores. Thanks.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 5:19PM
karyn1(7a)

MyLan I sent you a message thru GW.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 5:57AM
MariaTR(9b)

Karyn I love to try and grow some Adeniums. If you have any left can I have a few?
Thank you.
Maria

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 11:57PM
kodom087 z9a

Again, thanks for the seed trade, Karyn!

I have 4 sprouting already but in this pic you can only really see 2 of them.

Kirk

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 10:55AM
karyn1(7a)

Glad to see the babies Kirk. I'm an aunt. lol You should have excellent germination with fresh seed. I am now out of seeds but will have extra seedlings once it warms up. I just planted the tray of seeds to test the germination before I offered them and will likely not keep any.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 11:37AM
MyLan153(5)

Karyn, I got the seeds today, they looks great. Thank you so much and I'll keep you inform. MyLan

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 4:28PM
MyLan153(5)

I sow 4 seeds today, there are 8 seeds but one was broken in half, should be by the mail transportation. I'll so thrill to see the germination of these babies. MyLan.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 5:07PM
karyn1(7a)

Just keep them warm, bottom heat if possible, and you should see them sprouting in about a week. I'd get the other 3 planted soon as you have better germination with fresh seed. Good luck.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 7:32AM
Tracy33183(FL 10)

Hi Karyn,

Do you have photos of the mother plant or flowers? Would love to see what I missed. :)

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 12:21PM
karyn1(7a)

I don't have any pics. I was at a nursery in FL and one of the ripe pods just happened to find it's way into my bag ; ) These were large impressive looking trees but I believe that all were the common single pinks. I'm going back in a couple weeks and will hopefully get back to that nursery. If so I'll take some pics then and maybe another pod will fall into my bag. lol

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 1:55PM
Tracy33183(FL 10)

Oh! Lol! I read about that incident. You were in the right place at the right time to save those babies. And that unpleasant woman was no help. :)
You go girl!

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 7:43PM
MyLan153(5)

Karyn, it's over 45 days since I sow those seeds, none of them were sprouted. I'm so sad and dig them up today, they were rotted. I may be doing something wrong or it's the winter here the seed could not sprout. MyLan

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 2:56PM
karyn1(7a)

Sorry to hear that. You probably had them too wet, too cold, planted too deep or a combination of all the above. Everyone else, including myself, had excellent germination as far as I know. Unfortunately I don't have anymore but if I get some I'll post another offer.

The seeds should be soaked in warm water for about 8 hrs prior to sowing. They should be planted just below the soil, kept warm and the soil needs to be lightly moistened, not wet. If they haven't sprouted within 2 weeks it's likely they won't come up at all and have probably rotted.

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 9:34AM
MyLan153(5)

Karyn, per your instructions, I did not do anything right. I'll try again if I have a chance. Thanks a lot for your help. MyLan

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 11:20AM
sbrow156(Cairns QLD Australia)

I think it may be the climate too...i think i buried mine from my plant too deep and i drenched it in water but i have had a good many sprout so it must just be climate too...

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 7:47PM
More Discussions
Seeds and recommending other plants
Hi, I would love to grow a Desert Rose from seed. I...
dourbest
February Update
Hey everyone, I was away for a while and clearly here...
Andrew
We lost USDA zones in conversion to new site.
Sadly, I cannot see how to list our USDA zones under...
jedobaTX9b
Unable to log in.
I am very dissapointed that I am not able to log in...
3300koi
Few Sources In USA for Adenium....Why ???
Not only am I frustrated...but more than a little disgusted...
bronxfigs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™