adenium arabicum tiny rediish bugs & web

TashainGoodyearDecember 20, 2012

I am new to growing adeniums. I woke up today and the plant was wound around top to bottom with a web. There are teenie red spiders (I think) all over it. I got them all off, but tonight I see they are coming back. Freeze warning here in Goodyear tonight so it must remain indoors. What are these bugs - spiders? And what should I do to get rid of them? Help. I really want to learn how to grow these plants!
Tasha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

Sounds like a spider mite infestation. Washing your plant well, especially the undersides of the foliage with isopropol alcohol diluted in water with a few drops of liquid soap added should get rid of them. I'd also mist your plant with water fairly often as spider mites thrive in dry conditions. Another washing with the diluted alcohol might be necessary a couple more times about a week apart. You can also use an insectide/miticide if you choose. Check any nearby plants as the spider mites spread from plant to plant.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 4:52AM
More Discussions
Adenium multiflorum mombasa Repot
Hi all, I decided to repot this plant after I noticed...
haworthia
Good Article - wanted to share
This is a good read and interesting article for Adeniumaholics. http://labellegardenclub.org/docs/DesertRoseCulture.pdf Rick...
rcharles_gw
Killing Him Slowly (part 2)
Here is Bilabong's clone, rescued and repotted. It...
bilabongbong Z11b
First flower buds!!!!
Just got back from Orchids by Hausermann's open house...
Andrew
Adenium almost 'two meters' height
I have this obesum since 2010, she was one of the first...
Relve
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™